I love to talk to students and readers but I have MS, I have books to write, and travel is tiring. If you want to invite me to speak or teach I need:
- Plane tickets for two; I always travel with Kelley
- Direct flights
- For a flight over 4.5 hours, or more than two time zones, seats need to be First (domestic) or Business (international) class
- A hotel stay that includes one night before the event
- Step-free access
- Fee (unless I’m there to sell my book as opposed to your tickets)
If that doesn’t frighten you, talk to me or my agent or my publicist. (You might want to read this more detailed list of things to think about first.)
- 3/27, 7:00 pm. Seattle, WA. Elliott Bay Book Company. In conversation with Sarah Schulman.
- 4/5 – 4/7. Orcas Island, WA. Orcas Island Literary Festival.
- 4/11- 4/13. Vancouver, BC, Canada. IONA: Early Medieval Studies on the Islands of the North Atlantic, transformative networks, skills, theories, and methods for the future of the field. Simon Fraser University.