- Plane tickets for two; I always travel with Kelley
- Direct flights
- For a flight over 4.5 hours, or more than two time zones, seats need to be First (domestic) or Business (international) class
- A hotel stay that includes one night before the event
- Step-free access
- Fee (unless I’m there to sell my book as opposed to your tickets)
If that doesn’t frighten you, talk to me or my agent or my publicist. (You might want to read this more detailed list of things to think about first.)
This year I’m focusing on writing and so not travelling except in support of my new novel, So Lucky, and even that I’m aiming to keep to mostly local events. Here’s a rough guide to what I’ve got on my plate so far. At the beginning of every month I’ll post a more detailed look at the month’s events. Meanwhile, if you’re interested in later events, do check back because things change…
- 3/13, Orlando, FL. ICFA: Reading, Q&A, cocktail party! Marriott Airport Hotel, Vista A, 4:30 pm.
- 3/19, Seattle, WA. PNBA: Beer, conversation! Queer/Bar, 3:00 pm.
- 3/27, Kirkland, WA: SFWA Reading Series, Wilde Rover Irish Pub and Restaurant, 7:00pm.
- 4/18, Columbus, OH. Ethel Louise Armstrong Lecture at the Multiple Perspectives Conference, Ohio State University. 3:45 pm.
- 5/15, Seattle, WA: Reading, signing and launch party–drinks at the pub next door afterwards! Phinney Books, 7:00 pm.
- 5/16, Seattle, WA: Reading, signing, audience Q&A. Elliott Bay Book Company, 7:00 pm.
- 5/22, Portland, OR: Reading, signing, audience Q&A. Powell’s Books, 7:00 pm.
- 5/23, Lacey, WA: Staged interview and conversation with Kelley Eskridge. Timberland Library, 7:00 pm.
- 5/29, Bellingham, WA: Chuckanut Radio Hour, Village Books, 7:00 pm.
- 6/07, Bainbridge Island, WA: Reading and signing. Eagle Harbor Book Company, 7:00 pm.