This year I’m teaming up again with Phinney Books, on Greenwood Avenue, Seattle, to bring you signed books for the holidays. Why Phinney Books? Well, because it’s right next door to the pub! Which makes it massively, convivially convenient for me. Also, Phinney Books is my idea of a perfectly-sized bookshop with just the right stock.
Here’s how it works.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (phone is okay: 206 297 2665) with billing info: all major credit cards accepted. They use Square, so they’ll also need the 3-digit code on the back and your billing postal code.
- Tell them what you’d like, e.g. Hild (paperback or hardcover or audio CD) or another of my books. (See below.) Or, hey, another book by somebody else—lots of books, any books! It’s the holidays. You (and your friends, your family, everyone you’ve ever met) deserve something nice. Splurge! For example, why not treat someone to all three Aud books? Or the science fiction set: Ammonite, Slow River, and With Her Body?
- Tell them whether you want the books by me personalised (to you, or to someone else; if so, whom; and what short thing you’d like me to add). If you give this order by phone, please spell out even the most common names.
- Give them your mailing address and payment info.
- Beam, sit back and relax: you’ve done your holiday shopping!
Tom, the owner, tells me domestic shipping by media mail costs about $4 for one book, $5 for the memoir. He is happy to ship multiple copies, to ship internationally, and to ship express/priority, but then there will be extra charges you will have to work out with him. (Shipping to the UK and Australia, for example, runs about $20 to $30 US.)
Deadlines: we think Tuesday 15th December is a safe deadline for books shipping domestically via media mail, but if you’re willing to pay for priority mail, we could probably push that out a bit. International, let’s say Friday 4th December
So basically you have two weeks for International and just over three weeks for Domestic. Go for it! I’ll do my best to sign your books before I go to the pub, which means everything will be spelled right. Mostly…
My books (all paperback unless otherwise noted):
- Hild (paperback in stock; hardcover in stock; audio CD, special order)
- Stay, Aud II (in stock)
- The Blue Place, Aud I (in stock)
- Slow River (in stock)
- Ammonite (in stock)
- Always, Aud III (in stock)
- With Her Body (in stock)
- And Now We Are Going to Have a Party (collector’s boxed set; in stock)
- The Hild audio CD has to be ordered. Allow some time. Assuming the audio CD comes shrink-wrapped, I’d have to open the wrap to sign, so do please be aware of that.
- The memoir is also shrink-wrapped. However, all are already signed (on the back of the photo inside), so you’d get that pristine. Unless you want it personalised, in which case I have to rip off the shrink wrapping to sign the box.
4 thoughts on “Get signed, personalised books for the holidays”
I purchased a signed copy of “With Her Body” from Phinney Books last year and received tremendous customer service and a very good book.
Note: I highly recommend “Touching Fire”, a short fiction found in “With Her Body”.
It’s a great bookshop. I’m glad you liked “Touching Fire.” There’s audio of me reading from it, and a video based on that, here.
Your name came up in a newspaper article on the Weekend Press, here in Christchurch, New Zealand, about how women writers and their opus is treated by male writers, reviewers, bookstores, and such. I will attempt to scan it and send it to you for your collection.
Many thanks for letting me know!
Comments are closed.