I’m teaming up again with Phinney Books, on Greenwood Avenue, Seattle, to bring you signed, personalised books for the holidays. Why Phinney Books? Well, because it’s right next door to the pub! Which makes it massively, convivially convenient for me. Also, Phinney Books is my idea of a perfectly-sized bookshop with just the right stock. Also also, it’s level-entry with a light front door so very easy for me to get in and out of.
Image description: Photo, taken on a bright spring day with an old disposable camera, of a friendly neighbourhood street: cars parked in the shade of a tree growing on the sidewalk in front of Phinney Books and its next-door neighbour, the 74th Street Alehouse.
Here’s how it works.
- Go to Phinney Books’ online ordering page to buy any of my books, no muss no fuss, and get them shipped to any address in US, Canada, UK, Australia, or New Zealand. Everyone else, see the next step.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (phone is okay: 206 297 2665) with billing info: all major credit cards accepted. They use Square, so they’ll also need the 3-digit code on the back and your billing postal code.
- Tell them what you’d like, e.g. Hild (paperback or hardcover) or So Lucky or another of my books.* Or, hey, another book by somebody else—lots of books, any books! It’s the holidays. You (and your friends, your family, everyone you’ve ever met) deserve something nice. Splurge!
- Tell them whether you want the books by me personalised (to you, or to someone else; if so, who; and what short thing you’d like me to add). If you give this order by phone, please spell out even the most common names.
- Give them your mailing address and payment info.
- Beam, sit back and relax: you’ve done your holiday shopping!
Tom, the owner, tells me he is happy to ship multiple copies, to ship internationally, and to ship express/priority, but then there will be extra charges you will have to work out with him.
Deadlines: I haven’t checked with Tom on this but perhaps Wednesday 12th December is a safe deadline for books shipping domestically via media mail, but if you’re willing to pay for priority mail, we could probably push that out a bit. International, well, I suspect you’d have to be quick…
So basically you have two weeks for Domestic. Go for it! I’ll do my best to sign your books before I go to the pub, which means everything will be spelled right. Mostly…
*The Aud novels are no longer available. I reverted the rights last year and sold everything I had lying about in last year’s promotion. Once Menewood (aka Hild 2) is done, I’ll be turning my attention to Aud for a bit and seeing what can be done to get them back in print. Meanwhile, you can probably find second hand copies of The Blue Place, Stay, and Always at various retailers. I won’t be able to personalise them, though, unless you bring them to one of my events.