I’ve teamed up with Phinney Books, on Greenwood Avenue, Seattle, to bring you signed books. Why Phinney Books? Well, because it’s right next door to the pub! Which makes it massively, convivially convenient for me.
Here’s how it works.
- Email email@example.com (phone is okay: 206 297 2665) with billing info: all major credit cards accepted. They use Square, so they’ll also need the 3-digit code on the back and your billing postal code.
- Tell them what you’d like, e.g. Hild (paperback or hardcover or audio CD) or another of my books. (See below.) Or, hey, another book by somebody else—lots of books, any books! Without book sales, bookshops don’t survive. Without bookshops, publishers have no market. If there’s no market, publishers don’t publish. Which means people like me starve and you have nothing to read. So splurge!
- Tell them whether you want the books by me personalised (to you, or to someone else; if so, whom; and what short thing—short is easy; long might be ignored—you’d like me to add). If you give this order by phone, please spell out even the most common names.
- Give them your mailing address and payment info.
- Beam, sit back and relax: you’ve done your shopping!
Tom, the owner, tells me he is happy to ship multiple copies, to ship internationally, and to ship express/priority, but then there will be extra charges you will have to work out with him.
Go for it. I’ll do my best to sign your books before I go to the pub, which means everything will be spelled right. Mostly…
With Her Body (in stock)
And Now We Are Going to Have a Party (collector’s boxed set, out of stock)
- The Hild audio CD has to be ordered. Allow some time.
- Assuming the audio CD comes shrink-wrapped, I’d have to open the wrap to sign, so do please be aware of that.
- All three Aud novels are no longer in print. Farrar, Straus and Giroux will be reissuing them in paperback at some point but until then, your best bet is to find them from individual resellers online. Some purport to be signed but, well, you might want to see a photo of the title page before you pay for that.
- The memoir is no longer available. If you find it online from a used-books seller, and it’s complete, know that is is already signed—because they all were. So no worries on that score.