So Lucky is a finalist for a Washington State Book Award in Fiction. I’m in great company, including Katrina Carrasco’s The Best Bad Things, which I’ve talked about before:
- “The Best Bad Things” by Katrina Carrasco, of Seattle
- “The Lost Girls of Camp Forevermore” by Kim Fu, of Seattle
- “So Lucky” by Nicola Griffith, of Seattle
- “Night Hawks” by Charles Johnson, of Seattle
- “Winter Sisters” by Robin Oliveira, of Seattle
The other categories (memoir, poetry, YA, etc.) are also strong this year. So take a look and put them on your TBR list. Many thanks to the hard-working judges for providing us with such useful lists.
Winners will be announced in October at Seattle Public Library’s Central Library downtown, Saturday Oct 12, at 7pm. It’s free and open to the public. If you’re interested in meeting the writers (and judges) why not come watch? The last time I went to one of these bashes there was great food, plenty of wine, and live music. Plus all the conversation about books you could possibly want. And do come introduce yourself. I love to meet readers.