Image description: White background, blue lettering spelling “Phinney Books,” i all caps. And, in gold, an image of a Big Wheel lower left and “Seattle,” again all caps, lower right.
I’m teaming up again with Phinney Books, on Greenwood Avenue, Seattle, to bring you signed, personalised books for the holidays. Why Phinney Books? Well, because it’s my idea of a perfectly-sized bookshop with just the right stock. Also, it’s level-entry with a light front door so very easy for me to get in and out of. And of course before and after pandemic restrictions it’s wonderfully convenient because it’s right next door to the 74th St Alehouse, which sells an excellent pint of Guinness.
Here’s how it works.
- Go to Phinney Books’ online ordering page to buy any of my books, no muss no fuss, and get them shipped to any address in US. Everyone else, see the next step.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org (phone is okay: 206 297 2665) with billing info: all major credit cards accepted. They use Square, so they’ll also need the 3-digit code on the back and your billing postal code.
- Tell them what you’d like, e.g. Hild (paperback or hardcover) or So Lucky or Ammonite or Slow River.* Or, hey, another book by somebody else—lots of books, any books! It’s the holidays. You (and your friends, your family, everyone you’ve ever met) deserve something nice. Splurge! Remember, too, that you can order ebooks via the store, and—woo hoo!—audio books (I narrated So Lucky). Sadly I can’t personalise those, though—unless you pay for a card and shipping from Tom and I sign that.
- Tell them whether you want the books by me personalised (to you, or to someone else; if so, who; and what short thing you’d like me to add). If you give this order by phone, please spell out even the most common names.
- Give them your mailing address and payment info.
- Beam, sit back and relax: you’ve done your holiday shopping!
Tom, the owner, tells me he is happy to ship multiple copies, to ship internationally, and to ship express/priority, but then there will be extra charges you will have to work out with him.
Deadlines: We’re late sorting this out this year, so my advice: order as fast as possible, and consider paying for Priority Mail. Good luck!
*There are no more of the limited edition memoir boxes, and it takes time for Tom to order copies of With Her Body. Also the Aud novels are no longer available. I reverted the rights two years ago and sold everything I had lying about in an earlier promotion. But, woo-hoo!, they will be back on sale at some point soonish in spiffy matching editions from Picador—and I’ll be doing the audio narration. either late next year or early the year after, so next time I do this, who knows. And the time after, well, get ready for an announcement next week.
One thought on “Signed personalised books for the holidays”
Thank you for doing this! I know book-signing takes time and effort.
Comments are closed.